Nature-based solutions must become mainstream in city planning and development to ensure healthy urban environments with productive—climate change resilient—ecosystems that can provide essentials like clean air, freshwater, food, and nutrition, as well as opportunities for recreation, tourism, and employment.
- Resilience towards natural disasters and extreme weather events
- Green and blue infrastructure
- Ecosystem services for health, safety and wellbeing
- Sustainable water management, clean air, & healthy soils
- City-region food systems & food security
Chaired by Durban, South Africa With the support of Lead Knowledge Partner, ICLEI - Cities Biodiversity Center.